Reset Gmail Password
Most of the time we forgot or confused our Gmail password. We have the solution. Google Gmail offers various ways to recover your gmail password in case you forget it. When you cannot recall what’s the last password you set for your account, use the Link Can’t access your account? .
Once you click the link, it’ll take you to the Password Recovery Page.
- Upon entering, type your username in the text field provided and click Submit.
- If your Gmail username is accepted, a CAPTCHA will appear (letters in a distorted picture), which needs to be typed in the empty box below. Click Submit after typing the word(s) in the CAPTCHA exactly as it was shown.
- Now you’ll be greeted with the following options to reset/recover your password.
In case you set an alternate Email ID (which you should) for recovering your Gmail account password, you can choose this option.
- Choose the radio button which says Email to *****@****.com.
- An email from Google is automatically sent to your recovery email address.
- Log into the account of your secondary email address and follow the instructions provided in the message.
- Sometimes Gmail sends a verification email but you won’t receive it as the message could be probably caught by a spam or bulk mail filter in your recovery email system. Try checking your Spam or Bulk Mail folders for a message from email@example.com to see if the email ended up in there.
If you set a mobile number as an account recovery option in your Gmail account settings page, this option will help you get back into your Gmail account.
- Choose the radio button which says Text mesage to ********XX.
- A text message will be sent to your mobile phone with a password-reset code.
- Enter the password-reset code on the following Text message code verification page.
Security Question is what you set when creating a new Gmail account. It helps in restoring access to your account and is a pre-requisite for most mail services including Gmail.
However, keep in mind that your account needs to be idle for 24 hours in order to activate the security question option to prevent fraudulent access to your account by someone who can guess the answer to your question. Be sure to refrain from trying to log into your account for the full 24 hours.
Once 24 hours has passed, please follow steps detailed above (1 through 3) . You will be presented with your security question. Answer it correctly and you’ll be on your way to accessing your account again.
If you’re unable to use any of the above account recovery options on the gmail password assistance page, click I no longer have access to these and you’ll be given a series of questions to verify that you own the account. These questions are intentionally difficult to keep hackers at bay. If you’re unsure about an answer, provide your best guess. It also helps to submit your answers from a computer you’ve used in the past.
- If you experience any issues please post on the comment section below and I will be glad to help you out.